Last modified: November 16, 2021
Senior Executive Media, LLC, a Delaware corporation, strictly in connection with its operation of the Website (as defined herein) (the “Company,” “We” or “us”), respects your privacy and we want to ensure you are aware of what data we intend to keep and how we will handle the data you provide to us.
This policy applies to information We collect from Users:
- on this Website;
- via email, text, telephonic and other electronic communications between you and the Company;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party or affiliated websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website, in general, is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
International Users and Individuals in the European Union
If Senior Executive Media contacts you regarding subscribing to its newsletter or other publications that its sends to Users periodically (the “Newsletter Subscription”), you will have the right to either opt in to the Newsletter Subscription or opt-out to the Newsletter Subscription by providing certain information. You have the right to (i) opt out of the Newsletter Subscription at any time or (ii) restrict the use of your personal information pursuant to applicable law at any time by submitting such opt out or restriction at seniorexecutive.com/first-five/ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Senior Executive Media, P.O. Box 96503, Suite 52536, Washington, DC 20090-6503.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about our Users including, but not limited to, information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, date of birth, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as age, country, state, zip code or city of residence, gender or race, employment history, educational history, grades, salary, job positions; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details, such as IP address and web cookies.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, web browsers, site navigation information, machine identifiers, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information We collect on or through our Website may include:
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys or forms that We might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfillment of requests, which are made available to you, or the enrollment in any contests, promotion, or event hosted or sponsored by Senior Executive Media.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Any information you provide to us in any application or registration allowing you to access any features of the Website, the Newsletter Subscription or any other features or services, if and as applicable.
You agree that We may from time-to-time call, email or otherwise communicate with you (using the email address and phone numbers you provide) about your use of the Website or any of its features, and to provide offers of products and services, and that, for the purposes of any and all such communications, you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy during those calls; indeed you hereby consent to allow us, in our sole discretion, to record the entirety of such calls or communications regardless of whether We ask or separately advise you on such particular call or communication for consent to record such call or communication, including to the extent that you provide personal information in such call or communication. You further acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, any such recording(s) or communication(s) may be submitted in evidence in any legal proceeding in which We are a party.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The Website may not follow settings limiting or preventing tracking even if selected in your browser settings.
The information We collect automatically may include personal information, or We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Certain pages within the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website, memberships or any products or services We offer or provide though the Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To enhance your experience and the available offerings on our Website.
- For direct marketing purposes.
- In connection with online behavioral advertising.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please provide an email notice to the Senior Executive Media Contact via email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information We have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though We do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction unless prohibited by applicable law.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, change of control, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about Users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Senior Executive Media, LLC, our partners, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. The following are some of the mechanisms available to you to control your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email to the Senior Executive Media Contact stating your request with the subject line “Opt Out – Third Party Advertising.” In the event that you opt-out of such advertising, you may become ineligible to take advantage of some of the benefits generally available to Users.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending an email stating your request to the Senior Executive Media Contact with the subject line “Opt Out – Promotional Offers” or by utilizing the “unsubscribe” feature at the end of such promotional emails. Alternatively, if We send you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out will not apply to personal information provided to or promotional offers sent by third party vendor network providers for the benefit of Users. Please be aware that by opting out of promotional you may be limiting your ability to receive updates about certain member benefits updates and changes.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that We collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending an email to the Senior Executive Media Contact.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change portions of your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. It is your responsibility to keep your personal information updated and provide us with any changes to your personal information.
You may also send an email to the Senior Executive Media Contact with the subject line “Change Personal Information” to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your User account and membership. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or, in our opinion, cause the information to be incorrect. We also may not be able to delete any information that may be stored on backup tapes as it may not be possible to delete a portion of a backup tape without destroying the entire backup.
Your California Privacy Rights
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and passwords will be encrypted using SSL or equivalent security technology. If you would like to know about the third-party platforms We use, please contact the Senior Executive Media Contact by email with the subject line “Third Party Security Platforms”.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also suggest that you select a password that is unique to our Website and that it is not used with any other internet site.
Unfortunately, information accessible to the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any personal information you provide is done so at your own risk including theft. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or its associated information systems.
Senior Executive Media
P.O. Box 96503
Washington, DC 20090-6503