Senior Executive Media is always looking for independent freelance journalists with deep and diverse networks of sources to report and craft timely, actionable content that helps our audience of business leaders to improve their organizations and further their careers. We do not accept unsolicited guest posts.
Our content takes many forms to serve busy executives. Pitch us on ideas for short articles, helpful resources, quizzes, in-depth guides, and interview subjects at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look for content that:
- Speaks directly to executives. Our team writes as if we are communicating to one executive, directly. We’re not looking for lengthy ledes and feature pieces. Instead, we write as if we were knowing consultants, pulling the executive aside for a quick chat with meaningful information.
- Covers topics that business leaders need to confront now, including executive compensation, executive coaching, employee communication and engagement, change management, crisis management, and much more. See our site’s navigation for more of the topics we cover.
- Is unique. Generic leadership advice or breaking news can be found anywhere. We’re looking for insights that executives won’t get anywhere else.
Senior Executive Media publishes original, exclusive content only. To assist Senior Executive Media editors in evaluating your idea, please:
- Set your subject line to “Pitch(es) for Senior Executive.”
- In your email, be sure to include:
- A proposed headline that will compel readers to click
- A summary, no more than 300 words, of your idea — including any news hook or urgency, revealing data, and potential sources.
- If you are submitting multiple pitches in one email, please number them for easier communication.
- If possible, share a link to your portfolio or other pieces of sample business writing.
Working With Senior Executive Media Editors
Please understand that we cannot respond to every pitch and will ultimately assign only the very best ideas.
Our editorial team will discuss and shape winning ideas with you, edit different versions of your piece, and produce your content (adding photos and illustrations, among other tasks within our content management system) for launch on seniorexecutive.com.
Senior Executive Media, of course, seeks to maximize traffic to every published piece, optimizing it for search and featuring it on social media and in our email newsletter. We encourage our writers to promote their work on their own social media and other platforms. If you republish a piece or an excerpt, we ask that you link back to the original article on Senior Executive Media.
If we accept your pitch, we will pay you for your writing and reporting. You will be expected to participate in a background check and sign a freelancing agreement to join our roster of writers.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.